This is our award-winning TESOL Course that is developed and delivered by internationally experienced and highly qualified TESOL teachers. The Core “Standard TESOL Course” qualifies you to teach English overseas. Material covers TESOL communication, conversation, listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing, grammar, and overseas employment. Specifically, we will cover these topics:
- Preparing to teach English overseas
- 40 Classroom TESOL approaches and methods
- Conversation, pronunciation and communication
- Listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Lesson planning and teacher preparation
- Phonology and linguistics
- Grammar review
- Communicative approach
- Activity-based learning
- Promoting dynamic student/teacher interaction
- Teacher and student role reversal
- Video training and analysis
- Music, song, and media for language acquisition
- Teaching philosophy (positive attitude, humour)
- English for special purposes (courses and career options)
- Overseas teaching/work/travel information and tips
- Culture shock
- Finding an English teaching job overseas
- Current employment contacts and connections
- Obtaining tutoring contracts in addition to your regular TESOL employment
- Teaching/tutoring locally/online
- TESOL and the internet
- The hidden secrets on how to make the most money possible while teaching overseas
Jane Rowland is a former ATA TESOL Australia Graduate who, since 2007, has immersed herself in the English as Second Language (ESL) Industry to gain over 10 years of experience in many fields of ESL teaching. She started her TESOL career teaching ESL in Vietnam to local students and training foreign expatriates in TESOL before continuing on to a successful career of teaching English online. Jane now resides back in Australia and using her TESOL qualification and ESL teaching experience, without any other qualifications, is teaching English as a Second Language at one of Australia's largest private English teaching institutions. Her extensive career is a testament to her teaching abilities and the high quality of TESOL qualification that ATA TESOL College provides. She is a charismatic and renowned ESL teacher and TESOL trainer whose online ESL teaching experience makes her the perfect trainer for your online TESOL learning experience.
Welcome to the ATA TESOL College Online Foundation Program
Introduction the ATA TESOL College Online Foundation Course (2:26)
Information about the TESOL Industry and Acronyms (7:49)
Warm ups and Icebreakers for the TESOL classroom (49:52)
TESOL Methodology and Learning Styles (105:09)
Lesson Planning and TESOL Levels (150:40)
Teaching Vocabulary (160:03)
Teaching Grammar (86:45)
Teaching the Listening Skill (82:15)
Teaching the Speaking Skill (100:10)
Teaching the Reading Skill (68:37)
Teaching the Writing Skill, Spelling and Punctuation (116:36)
Music and Video in the ESOL Classroom (71:37)
Classroom Management (110:25)
Assessment and Evaluation in the TESOL Classroom (39:05)
Communicative Games and Activities (39:05)
Introduction to Practicum Presentations (152:06)
Criteria for submission.
Download Assignment Here
Frequently Asked Questions
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like - across any and all devices you own. But you must submit all required assignments within one year time limit for your course to be assessed.
Terms & Conditions
Fees shall be paid in advanced for each course and no refunds will be made once a username and password have been issued or study materials for a course have been sent.
After the username and password access to ATA intellectual properties has been emailed to the customer and no refund will be applicable.
You are required to complete the Course within one year from the Enrolment Date.
Once your course is expired you can apply for a refresher course and a fee will be charged.